I started to write to you about this week, but I ultimately found it too painful and too personal for a corner of the internet that is meant to be a jolly diversion.
Maybe after I take more time to process and to grieve.
To be honest, I hardly have the heart to move forward joking and posting nonsensical matters–it feels like a false shroud flung over a crippled spirit. But I think it’s the very thing that needs to be done, the moving forward in humour. We can’t let heart and spirit be forever crushed beneath the silencing foot of oppression.
We must continue to rise above, continue to create. And no creative expression is too small or meaningless.
That said, here’s a link to another crummy and pointless review by yours truly — Kishi Bashi’s latest album Sonderlust released in September. In summation, the album is great and happy and you should definitely check it out.
And here too is a Kishi Bashi / of Montreal / ABBA inspired playlist to lift our sunken spirits on this Friday.
- Ode to My Next Life – Kishi Bashi
- She’s a Rejecter – of Montreal
- Once Upon a Lucid Dream (In Afrikaans) – Kishi Bashi
- Id Engager – of Montreal
- Honeybody – Kishi Bashi
- Sex Karma – of Montreal
- Carry on Phenomenon – Kish Bashi
- Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) – ABBA
- Atticus, In the Desert – Kishi Bashi
- So Begins Our Alabee – of Montreal
- Can’t Let Go, Juno – Kishi Bashi
- It All Began With a Burst – Kishi Bashi
- Wicked Wisdom – of Montreal
- Hey Big Star – Kishi Bashi
- Like a Tourist – of Montreal
- In Fantasia – Kishi Bashi
- Statues in a Gallery – Kishi Bashi
- Voulez-Vous – ABBA
- Beat the Bright Out of Me – Kishi Bashi
- An Eluardian Instance – of Montreal
We’ve made it through the week – this is a huge accomplishment – so let’s wiggle.
Keep on keeping on, my pretty ones.